At Cherry Hill waste, we think skip hire is great. And what better time of year to hire a skip? But there are few things you might want to think a few things through before you give us a call.
- How much rubbish do you have? You might not have an exact idea of the amount of waste you’ll be dumping, but you can estimate. This will give you a better idea of how big a skip you’ll need. You can check our Skip Hire Size Guide here.
- What are you going to put in it? This is important for a number of reasons, the main one being that if you’re going to be dumping rubble and soil, you need to realise this can be surprisingly heavy. You may quickly overload your skip without realising it!
- Where will you put your skip? You’ll need to make room for the skip and if it’s going to go on your drive, you’ll need to make sure that our truck has easy access. You should make certain that your drive can take the weight of a fully laden skip too. If you want your skip on the road in front of your property, don’t forget to leave room for both the skip and the truck.
- Do you need a permit? Permits are required if you’re putting your skip on the public highway. Skips placed on a public highway are subject to a few rules and regulations, but Cherry Hill Waste take all the hassle out of it. We’ll make sure you have the right permit.
- How long do you need it? Again, you can estimate this based on the amount of rubbish you have. If you’re going to be keeping the skip overnight it needs to be safe and secure. That means making sure it’s lit if it’s on a public highway. Cherry Hill Waste can help with all of.
For help or advice on choosing a skip, talk to us on 0500 13 06 06 we’ll answer all your questions about sizes and prices and make sure you get exactly right skip for your needs.