If you’re planning a construction or landscaping project, you’ve likely come across the term “aggregates.” But what are aggregates, and how can they be used? In this article, Cherry Hill Waste explains what aggregates are and how they can be used for your next project.
What Are Aggregates?
Aggregates are granular materials, such as sand, gravel, crushed stone, or recycled concrete. They’re commonly used in construction and landscaping projects as a base material, filler, or drainage material.
Types of Aggregates
There are many different types of aggregates, each with its own characteristics and uses. Some common types of aggregates include:
- Sand: Sand is a fine granular material that’s used as a base material, filler, or for drainage.
- Gravel: Gravel is a coarse granular material that’s used as a base material or for drainage.
- Crushed Stone: Crushed stone is a hard, durable material that’s used as a base material or for decorative purposes.
- Recycled Concrete: Recycled concrete is crushed concrete that’s used as a base material or filler.
Uses of Aggregates
Aggregates have many different uses in construction and landscaping projects, including:
- Concrete Production: Aggregates are a key ingredient in concrete production, providing strength, stability, and durability.
- Road Construction: Aggregates are used as a base material for roads, providing a stable and durable foundation.
- Landscaping: Aggregates can be used for decorative purposes in landscaping projects, such as creating pathways or borders.
- Drainage: Aggregates are used for drainage purposes, providing a permeable material for water to flow through.
- Building Foundations: Aggregates are used as a base material for building foundations, providing stability and support.
Aggregates From Cherry Hill Waste
Cherry Hill Waste provides a range of aggregate service and supplier options to meet your project needs. Our aggregates are sourced from reputable suppliers and meet all industry standards for quality and durability.
We offer a range of different types of aggregates, including sand, gravel, crushed stone, and recycled concrete. We can also provide custom mixes to meet your specific project requirements. In addition to our aggregate supplier services, we also offer aggregate delivery and collection services to make your project as efficient and hassle-free as possible.
Contact us today to learn more.